ReStore accepts new and gently used building materials and home improvement supplies, furniture, appliance, and general home furnishings. We simply ask that donated items are clean and in good working order. Bring your reusable home improvement building materials or supplies to the clearly marked Donations Door at Habitat’s ReStore.
We accept donations until 4:30pm each day ReStore is open. Our staff and volunteers are available to help you unload. Receipts for tax purposes are provided.
We also offer a pickup service if you don’t have means to get these items to us! See the form at the bottom of this page.
Please review the list of items we will and will not accept for donation. If you have questions about the item(s) you wish to donate, or would like to learn more about our pickup services, call 319-294-1500.
Items we accept (with conditions)
- Art supplies
- Cabinet doors and drawers
- Carpet remnants (new only)
- Camping and other outdoor gear
- Ceiling fans
- Ceiling tiles (full, not broken)
- Countertops (no holes, or 6ft. without holes)
- Claw-foot tubs
- Electrical hardware or wire
- Faucets (manufactured after 2014)
- Furniture (upholstered items must be clean without odors, rips, pet hair)
- Insulation (bagged)
- Light fixtures
- Lumber and trim (over 4 feet)
- Paint (non-oil based, full gallons only, must be re-usable, no rust)
- Shingles and tar repair
- Sinks (clean)
- Steel and PVC Piping
- Tile (full boxes)
- Toilets (White or cream only. Complete with tank/lid and no rust or cracks)
- Tools (hand and power)
- Tubs and showers
- Vinyl windows
- Wood flooring
Some items may be refused based on the volume of similar items already in stock, quality of the item, or ability to sell the item. If you have any questions, please call us at 319.294.1500 to confirm that we will accept your donation.
Items we do not accept
- Clothing and shoes
- Colored sinks and toilets
- Drapes and fabrics
- Entertainment centers and desks
- Exercise equipment
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Fire extinguishers
- Garage door openers
- Glass/windows without frames
- Glass shower doors
- Hazardous materials
- Light fixtures that are broken or non-working
- Microwaves (under-mounts, over the range)
- Nails or screws
- Office desks
- Office partitions
- Oil-based paints
- Pianos and organs
- Recessed can lights
- Shower doors
- Smoke alarms
- Sofa beds
- Televisions, speakers, etc.
- Toxic or flammable chemicals
- Un-bagged insulation
- Un-framed mirrors
- Un-labeled containers, bottles, or cans
- Vinyl siding
- Windows (wood framed, storm windows w/o frames)
Schedule a Pickup
Finished with a home improvement project and have extra materials to spare? Cleaned your home, office or shop and are ready to make a donation? We’d love to have your quality reusable items! We put proceeds from selling your donations to work by building homes and hope right here in the Cedar Valley. Schedule your pick-up today:
- Please make sure items are accessible, broken down and ready to load.
- We will not bring things out of basements or second stories. Items must be at ground level.
- Appliances must be CLEAN and in working condition