A message from Kelly Lamb, Executive Director [4/24/2020]
A message from Kelly Lamb, Executive Director [4/2/2020]
To our Habitat Friends, Families and Supporters:
On behalf of the Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity Affiliate and ReStore, I hope that you are all staying healthy and are able to find some source of inspiration and comfort during the difficult and ever-changing landscape of COVID-19.
At this time, the CVHFH affiliate office, ReStore and construction sites remain closed until we are able to open again without endangering our employees or the community. We continue to monitor local, state and Federal guidelines and recommendations. We keep the health and safety of our organization and the community at the forefront of our decisions.
Our staff continues to work remotely to support those we serve. Do not hesitate to send e-mails or leave phone messages and they will be answered as soon as we are able.
Please note that the ReStore is unable to take donations at this time and we ask people to refrain from dropping donations off at the ReStore loading dock. To those of you who have had time on your hands for some spring cleaning, save your usable treasures for when the ReStore is able to re-open. We will re-open!!!!
Wishing you blessings, peace and hope.
- All work on our construction sites has been suspended as of 3-18-2020 for both health and economic reasons. We apologize for the expected delay.
- For the safety of all, we are suspending volunteer opportunities at the build sites and in the ReStore until we are able to open again without endangering our employees or the community. We encourage partner families to explore other options for sweat equity, but keep in mind that health and safety come first.
- The Homeowner Education Classes, scheduled for Monday, April 6, 2020 will be postponed. You will be notified as soon as we are able to reschedule.
- For the health and safety of all, Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity is suspending individual and group volunteers in the ReStore and on build sites until we are able to open again without endangering our employees or the community.
- We will monitor and re-evaluate as that date approaches.
- We appreciate each of you and hope to resume all activities as soon as it is deemed safe.
- We are canceling the Home Dedication scheduled for Tuesday, March 31 at 4:30pm at 617 Main Street in Fairfax.
- The Sites and Bites Bus Tour rescheduled for May 26, 27 and 28 2020 is now postponed indefinitely.
- The CVHFH Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, March 24, 2020 has been canceled.
- The CVHFH Staff Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 24, 2020 has been canceled.
- Our Heels and Hammers event scheduled for Saturday, April 25th is rescheduled for Friday, August 14.
- The ReStore will be closed as of 5:00 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 until we are able to open again without endangering our employees or the community.
- This includes all deliveries, pick-ups and donations.
Habitat Affiliate Office
- The Cedar Valley Habitat Offices will close as of 5:00 pm beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 and will remain closed until we are able to open again without endangering our employees or the community. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.
- You can continue to contact staff via e-mail at email@example.com or by leaving a message at 319-366-4485. A staff member will retrieve phone calls and mail a few times throughout the week. We apologize in advance that there may be a delay in our response.
- Continue to visit this website for updates as they become available.