Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity is a volunteer-driven organization. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us as we build simple, decent, affordable houses in partnership with God and families in need. Though the vast majority have no construction experience or building skills, volunteers are involved in most phases of construction. By working side-by-side with the family who will live in the house, our volunteers experience for themselves the joy created when a family is able to realize their dream of home ownership.
Get involved with Habitat for Humanity
Browse the various avenues to get involved and show your support for Habitat for Humanity and our mission.
- AmeriCorps – See how AmeriCorps volunteer impact our mission
- Advocacy – Become a public speaker or write to Congress for continued support
- CVHFH Committees let you provide leadership in our mission
- Events – Take part in a community event or our annual fundraising opportunities
- Global Engagement – See how our global initiatives make a difference
- Sponsorship Opportunities – Learn about various sponsorship opportunities for new homes and more
Habitat volunteers contribute more than muscle. Creativity, strategy, and technical skills are among the many invaluable traits volunteers bring to the organization. With a minimal staff, Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity depends upon volunteer committees for support with projects like Family Selection, Family Support, Public Relations, Construction Skills Training, and Volunteer.