The CVHFH ReStore AmeriCorps VISTA position will build capacity for ReStore in developing a robust product-based donation procurement program and boosting ReStore’s volunteer engagement efforts. The Resource Development VISTA will accomplish procurement by building strong relationships and developing a sustainable marketing and engagement plan with area dealers, manufacturers, warehousing industries, small businesses and distributors. This position will also be responsible for deepening the relationships with current ReStore volunteers, as well as recruiting new volunteers. This presents the unique opportunity to wrap your arms around our community and make a deep, sustainable impact.
- Build strong relationships with current and potential donors and volunteers.
- Develop and implement a sustainable donation procurement program.
- Implement creative strategies to recruit and train new volunteers.
- Evaluate potential donor(s) to identify level of partnership and/or service ReStore can provide.
- Work with ReStore management to understand the importance and systems of donation processing.
- Excellent command of written and spoken word
- Dynamic communication, public speaking, and relationship-building skills
- Basic computer skills, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Self-direction, motivation, and ability to manage projects independently, staying organized to meet deadlines
- Prior experience in outside sales and customer service preferred
- Enthusiastic, dynamic personality that inspires and motivates engagement
- A passion for Habitat’s mission, believing in a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home
- Ability to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Position may require outreach in the community, including visiting buildings and homes that may have stairs, as well as serving on project sites that might have uneven terrain.
- Able to travel for trainings
|Living Allowance||$11,880 (paid bi-weekly)|
|Segal Education Award||$5,815 education award or $1,500 stipend|
|Duration||12 months/365 days (full-time capacity only)|
|Days Of||10 vacation/personal days and 10 sick days plus affiliate holidays|
|Housing Allowance||Up to $100 per month for qualified housing expense (Payed directly to lender/landlord)|
|Relocation Reimbursement||If relocating 50 miles or more, relocation mileage reimbursement at 23cents/per mile up to $1,000 plus $550(taxable) stipend payable on first paycheck|
|Employment/Education||Outside education course work and part-time employment (approval required) is allowed outside of service hours (evenings/weekends)|
|Start Date:||Mandatory training (Paid for by VISTA) days prior to start date|
Position placement is contingent on applicable National Service Criminal History Checks such as National Sex Offender Public Website, State of service and State of Residence Criminal History Check, and FBI fingerprint check.