Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity is a dynamic, community-based non-profit organization that strives to create an environment where all volunteers, families and employees can be successful. The organization has a range of career opportunities that are posted at various times throughout the year. Please see below for our current openings.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
CLASSIFICATION STATUS: Part-time, Non-exempt
SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week, flexible work schedule
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity (CVHFH) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to building and rehabilitating simple, decent, and affordable homes in partnership with families in need in Linn and Benton counties.
We are seeking a part-time experienced Administrative Assistant to manage daily operations of the office and support administrative functions across the organization. The ideal candidate will have the experience and professionalism to interact with people of all backgrounds. This position requires flexibility, strong computer and organizational skills, and a pleasant demeanor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to public inquiries
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain office equipment, service contracts, and handle service issues
- Record all monetary and in-kind donations, payments, and other revenue in database
- Maintain donation and mailing list databases
- Prepare and send mailings as requested
- Handle sponsor correspondence and monitor sponsor payments
- Ensure all donors receive thank you letters within one week of their contribution
- Assist with homeowner information session scheduling and sign-up
- Pull credit reports for prospective homeowners
- Send approval/denial/additional information letters to applicant families
- Arrange house appraisals, organize and schedule bank closings
- Maintain partner family files and ensure that all necessary confidentiality and security precautions are followed at all times
- Send mortgage delinquency notices and produce delinquency reports
- Assist homeowners with questions and concerns
- Assist with the coordination of events, including groundbreakings and home dedications
- Maintain files as requested for various organization functions
- Assist Executive Director with board and committee reports and packets
- Other duties as required
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management experience to maintain records and prepare timely and meaningful reports
- Must be accurate and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize complex projects in a fast-paced environment with numerous deadlines and pressures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in individual and group settings
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and effectively with and among diverse populations and personalities
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- Commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s mission and principles
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.