Habitat for Humanity ReStore is currently seeking to add a Cashier in Cedar Rapids, IA. Part time, 20 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a retail outlet where customers can purchase quality new and gently used items at excellent prices while helping Habitat for Humanity build affordable housing in our community.
Revenue generated by ReStore provides our local Habitat for Humanity program with funds to assist in building homes and hope for families in our community and also helps to keep thousands of tons of unwanted merchandise out of our landfills.
If you want to make a difference in your community, enjoy meeting new people and work well in a team environment, then Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a great opportunity for you!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Cashier using QuickBooks point of sale
- Greet every customer as they enter/leave Restore
- Direct customers to what they’re looking for
- Present the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Assist in stocking, organizing, sorting and cleaning as needed
- Exhibit positive working attitude for coworkers, donors and customers
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Manager
- Present professionally as a “first impression” of Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- High school diploma
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to stand/walk for 4-8 hour shift
- Easily lift 30 lbs. and climb walk-up ladder
- Commitment to Habitat Mission
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Previous cashier/customer service experience preferred