Habitat ReStore in Cedar Rapids accepts new and gently used building materials and home improvement supplies, furniture, appliance, and general home furnishings. We simply ask that donated items are clean and in good working order. Bring your reusable home improvement building materials or supplies down the alley to the clearly marked Donations Door on your left at Habitat ReStore.
We accept donations until 4:30 p.m. each day Habitat ReStore is open (Wed-Sat). Our staff and volunteers are available to help you unload. Receipts for tax purposes are provided.
We also offer a pickup service if you don’t have means to get these items to us! See the form at the bottom of this page.
Please review the list of items we will and will not accept for donation. If you have questions about the item(s) you wish to donate, or would like to learn more about our pickup services, call 319-294-1500.
- Appliances (must be working, electrical only, no gas)
- Art supplies
- Cabinet doors and drawers
- Carpet remnants (new only)
- Camping and other outdoor gear
- Ceiling tiles (full, not broken)
- Countertops (no holes, or 6ft. without holes)
- Claw-foot tubs
- Desks (student sized, under 4′)
- Double reclining sofas/love seats
- Electrical hardware or wire
- Faucets (manufactured after 2014)
- Furniture (upholstered items must be clean without odors, rips, pet hair)
- Insulation (bagged)
- Lumber and trim (over 4 feet, no nails/screws)
- Microwaves (countertop only)
- Nails or screws
- Playground equipment
- Sinks (clean)
- Steel and PVC Piping
- Tar paper
- Toilets (White or cream only. Complete with tank/lid and no rust or cracks)
- Tools (hand and power. Power tools must have battery and be working)
- Tubs and showers
- Vanity cabinets (4′ or less, with or without top. 5’+ must have top)
- Vanity top (4′ or less. 5’+ must have cabinet)
- Vinyl windows
- Wood flooring
Some items may be refused based on the volume of similar items already in stock, quality of the item, or ability to sell the item. If you have any questions, please call us at 319.294.1500 to confirm that we will accept your donation.
We are currently not accepting any varnish, stain or paint.
We are currently not accepting any light fixtures or ceiling fans.
Our current preferred seasonal items are: Winter
- Basketball hoops
- Ceiling fans
- Clothing and shoes
- Colored sinks and toilets
- Drapes, fabrics and traverse rods
- Entertainment centers
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Fire extinguishers
- Garage doors and openers
- Gas appliances
- Glass/mirrors without frames
- Glass shower doors
- Hazardous materials
- Hot water heaters
- Humidifiers / Dehumidifiers / Air purifiers
- Lateral filing cabinets
- Light fixtures
- Metal Office desks
- Office partitions
- Oil-based paints
- Pianos and organs
- Pool equipment
- Recessed can lights
- Sewing machines/cabinets
- Shower doors
- Smoke alarms
- Sofa beds
- Televisions, speakers, etc.
- Toxic or flammable chemicals
- Unbagged insulation
- Unframed mirrors
- Unlabeled containers, bottles, or cans
- Used paint
- Varnish or stain
- Vinyl siding
- Windows (wood framed, storm windows, any window over 5′)
Finished with a home improvement project and have extra materials to spare? Cleaned your home, office or shop and are ready to make a donation? We’d love to have your quality reusable items! We put proceeds from selling your donations to work by building homes and hope in Linn & Benton Counties. Schedule your pick-up today:
- Please make sure items are accessible, uninstalled, broken down and ready to load.
- We are not able to bring things out of basements or second stories. We ask that items are at ground level and outside the home.
- Appliances must be clean and in working condition.